I wanted to post this before January somehow slipped away from me.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
-- Switched career paths. Got pregnant. Worked on my commitment issues and devoted myself to my relationship with J. Lived in Buenos Aires for 6/7 weeks.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-- I don't do resolutions, but I make annual goals. And yes, I made some goals for 2009.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-- Yes. A couple people, actually.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-- No. Thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
-- Being more spiritually connected.
7. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-- April/May: Argentina trip. AWESOME time. Professionally and personally. June 28: Took some home pregnancy tests. Was 99.8% sure I was pregnant. August 11: Saw the Flash on ultrasound for the first time at 13.5 weeks along in my pregnancy. September 26: Got the 3D ultrasound and found out we were having a girl.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-- Commitment and perseverance
9. What was your biggest failure?
-- Not exercising as frequently as I needed and wanted
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-- Five months of debilitating 24/7 morning sickness
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-- Geekery: the new camera (Canon G-10!) and the tv
12. Where did most of your money go?
-- Besides the usual cycle of bill payments, the other money went to getting rid of all credit card debt, dental work, all things baby, MINI maintenance/repairs, travel, and geekery
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-- Having a baby
14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
-- Even though it's a few years old, "Everybody's Changing" by Keane
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Fatter and pregnant
Richer or poorer? Richer and in less debt
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-- Work, exercise, practiced more spirituality, and relaxation
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-- Being sick
18. How did you spend Christmas?
-- Christmas Eve, went to Cambridge Springs, PA for celebration with my immediate family. Christmas Day, hung out at home in Cleveland, OH.
19. Did you fall in love in 2008?
-- I did.
20. How many one-night stands?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
-- Top Chef, Project Runway, Big Bang Theory, and all five seasons of Six Feet Under which I watched maniacally for the first time - and yes, I could see what all the hype was about
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-- Gee whiz. Hate is such a nasty word. I don't think I hate anyone.
23. What was the best book you read?
-- Geek Love and The Road
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-- That the baby really gets moving inside of me when I listen to Weezer, Arcade Fire, Beethoven, Chopin, and Mozart
25. What did you want and get?
-- J to get a new car.
26. What did you want and not get?
-- A chest freezer and a pair of Crocs for my aching feet while shopping on Black Friday with two of my sisters.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
-- None of these came out in 2008, but were nevertheless my faves of the year: Ils (Them), The Savages, El Orfanato (The Orphanage)
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-- I stayed in as J was out of town and the weather was pretty horrible. We got takeout and celebrated when he got back. I turned 31.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-- Not being so sick for several months
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
-- Comfort. Growing the Flash has been an exercise in putting total comfort first. Can we say yoga pants?!
31. What kept you sane?
-- Family, friends, the support system
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Who did you miss?
-- My Knoxville family
35. Who was the best new person you met?
-- Ana down in BA
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
-- You need to practice honesty, open-mindedness, willingness, and diligence in all aspects of your life.