Thursday, July 3, 2008

iTuneage A Go-Go

I snaked this meme from my friend, Shannon, whose bloglink is conveniently located to the right on your screen. I've seen this particular meme a few times here and there, but after reading Shannon's, I was compelled to do one as well. And since I do always say that getting to know another's musical tastes/interests/etc. is one of the top five ways to really get to know someone, I thought I'd give y'all a glimpse of what's on my iPod/iTunes. So. Enjoy.

Total Length:
5078 songs, 19.28gb

First & Last Songs (sorted by title):
- A-Team Theme (John Swihart)
- 90% of My Mind Is With You (Prefuse 73)

Shortest & Longest Songs:
- For the shortest, it's a tie with a bunch of Napoleon Dynamite intros, but the first one is: Pull In Town (Dialog)
- Decline (NOFX)

First & Last Albums (by title):
- Abbey Road (The Beatles)
- '80s Gold (Compilation)

First & Last Artist:
- a-ha
- 50 Cent

Top 5 Most Played Songs:
1. Fake Palindromes (Andrew Bird)
2. Very Loud (Shout Out Louds)
3. Discotraxx (Ladytron)
4. Little Lover's So Polite (Silversun Pickups)
5. Coma Girl (Joe Strummer)

Search for the following words. How many songs show up?
~Sex: 15
~Death: 21
~Love: 340
~You: 631
~Home: 18
~Boy: 93
~Girl: 124

First 5 songs that come up on Party Shuffle:
1. Supernova (Liz Phair)
2. And I'm Gone (Prefuse 73)
3. Danger! High Voltage (Electric Six)
4. Meat and Potatoes [bonus track] (Belle & Sebastian)
5. One Of Us (Leonard Cohen)

Now for the questions. The Rules:
1. Put your music player on shuffle
2. Press forward for each question
3. Use the song title as the answer to your question
4. NO CHEATING

Q: What does the next year have in store for you?
A: Commissioning a Symphony in C (Cake)

Q: What does your love life look like next year?
A: Pump It Up (Elvis Costello)
Aaaahahahahahahaha!

Q: What do you say when life gets hard?
A: Cloud On My Tongue (Tori Amos)

Q: Song that reminds you of the good times?
A: Bukowski (Modest Mouse)
I'm not sure if cross-references and religion and debating and life meaning and death would necessarily remind me of "good times," but it does appeal to my cerebral side.

Q: What do you think of when you get up in the morning?
A: Little Red Light (Fountains of Wayne)
Whatta randomata choice by the computer.

Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?
A: After Hours (Velvet Underground)
Interesting.

Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss?
A: Sound (James)

Q: Your favorite saying?
A: Anorexic Beauty (Pulp)
Not so much anymore. Although it is quite catchy.

Q: Favorite place?
A: Radio Free Europe (R.E.M.)

Q: Most missed memory?
A: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Wham!)
Say whaaat?

Q: What song describes your best friend?
A: The Ballad of Jimmy & Johnny (Rancid)

Q: What song describes your ex?
A: Dilate (Ani Difranco)
Wow Bob Wow. Not just one ex. And perhaps something to do with me.

Q: Where would you go on your first date?
A: Tony the Beat (The Sounds)
Oh man, according to this, I'm a total slut! Yeah, well, I suppose we all have our days.

Q: Drug of choice?
A: Baby, I Need Your Lovin' (Four Tops)
Hey, lovin isn't such a bad drug of choice. :) But is this a trend being set by my music player?

Q: What song best describes you?
A: Everest (Ani Difranco)

Q: What is the thing you like doing most?
A: Cream Soda (Supercar)

Q: What song best describes the president?
A: Measuring Cups (Andrew Bird)

Q: Where will you be in ten years?
A: The Color Of Tempo (Prefuse 73)

How interpretive.

Q: Your love life right now?
A: All My Friends (LCD Soundsystem)

Q: What is your state of mind at the moment?
A: My Generation (The Who)

Q: How will you die?
A: Walking On Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)

That's what I'm talkin' about.

***Several Hours Later***

So after going back and reading this, I am surprised I had no special appearances from Pink Floyd, Belle & Sebastian, Stevie Wonder, Liz Phair, Beatles, Harry Chapin, Rolling Stones, Radiohead, Ben Folds, Springsteen (who is in my opinion one of the best poets from Jersey), Ladytron...I could go on and on. I guess I'm just a bit shocked there weren't more cameos from artists I have multiple upon multiple tracks and albums from over the years. And after doing this, it kind of makes me want to actually follow through with putting my tuneage onto another hard drive and then finally finish importing the approximately 1200 cds I have hidden from public view in the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet in the home office as well as the boxes under my bed.

What is that saying where a man is worth his weight in...? I'm so bad with euphemisms. Anyways, I suppose you could say Karoline is worth her weight in music and books. I'm not even sure if I am using that correctly or not, but when I think about the material items of which I probably have more than a ton, the items are likely music and books. Clothes might come in third, but I did recently clean out my closets and give away all the clothes I wore during my suprema-extrema eating disordered days. I have no need to be that tiny anymore. I still, to this day, really can't believe I was actually that small. Kind of gross. But that's a whole different post for another time and date. Word.

No comments: